Monday 26 August 2013

1st Appointment OVER

The first appointment is completed!  Even after we got to Moncton 1 hour early, we ended up being late because of the circles we drove around.  I was completely panicked because WHO wants to start the meet and greet off in that way??  Really?

The nurse was an absolute sweetie!  She of course had to weigh me, now really I was thinking (Tarah, please don't break the scales).  Woooaaa Hessie, don't think your getting out of this for under 400- but even though I did NOT break the scales and I was NOT over the 400 lbs (barely mind you)....oh yeah and did I tell you I seen a friend from home too.  Carol Demmings was a sight for sore eyes (beautiful as always)!  Alas, as usual I am skirting around the truth 357 lbs of lovin and fat!

Dr. Beausoeil said I would require 2 surgeries, the first is a surgery where your stomach is removed all but a bit and the second is the bypass.  I feel this is a good move because if the first works out and I plateau, only then might I need the second one, being the bypass.  The first also helps with low blood sugars in the sense that I would not have dumping when or if I required sugar for lows.  Amazing, I feel ready and truly pumped about the issue; but we hall see when we are closer to the surgery- apprehension (aka: panic 8) and determination 10 at least for today:)

I found this quote on the Artists in Blogland:

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

I found it very fitting under the circumstances:)
Cheers to y'all
T

No comments:

Post a Comment